Thanks to the recommendations by a few of my instagram friends and some fashion bloggers, I recently found my new favorite jeans.
I am completely head over heels in love with the American Eagle Jegging! I know what you are thinking… American Eagle + jeggings = double no way!! But, listen up!!
I hadn’t really shopped at American Eagle since the beginning of high school because AE graphic tees have never really been my thing, but when some bloggers who I trust shared these amazing jeans, I figured they were worth a try.
I have a weird body, think Kardashians mixed with Snooki in her bad years. I’m short 5’2″, to be exact, so with being vertically challenged along with being on the curvier and thicker side, it makes it pretty difficult to find flattering denim that is actually affordable.
About a year and a half ago, I finally splurged and bought premium denim. My idea of splurging is the TJMaxx sale rack, but nonetheless, I invested in a pair of Joe’s Jeans and and pair of Hudsons when I had some extra shopping money and found some hot deals.
I have since lost 20 pounds, so the Hudsons are rather big and were always long and had to be cuffed. The Joe’s Jeans were a little tight before I lost weight, so they now fit perfectly. The only problem with those is that I accidentally ripped the crotch open at the begging of summer and have just been covering it up by wearing long shirts and being conscious of my movements.
So, with that being said, I put aside some of my Christmas money this year to invest in a new pair of nice jeans. I’m totally ok with wearing the same pair of jeans every single day, so I was on the hunt for the perfect pair that was worth handing over my precious Christmas money for.
When I kept seeing American Eagle Jeggings pop up all over my instagram feed by my favorite fashionistas, I decided to pull the trigger and try them out for myself. They were and still are having a BOGO 50% off of all of their denim so that sweetened the deal. Their jeggings range from $35-50 per pair depending on their wash. I ended up snagging two pairs for $70. I went with the distressed black (pictured below) and the dark destroy. I don’t have any great photos of the dark destroy yet because I can’t seem to take off the distressed black, but my Instagram friend @seedanistyle has the dark destroy and has styled them in so many cool ways, so check out her feed!
I have already gotten so many compliments on these jeans. I am so obsessed!
Here are some things that I love about them:
1. Really affordable and great quality. These feel the same as my premium denim for a regular price that is less than premium denim clearance prices. These are a great deal especially if you get the non distressed washes or the washes that are on clearance.
2. Comfortable! These jeans are called jeggings, but it’s not what you think. These don’t just feel like leggings, they are real jeans with real pockets. They are just soft and stretchy so they were given the name “Jegging.”
3. On trend. There are tons of different washes to choose from including the highly distressed look that is so trendy right now.
4. The prefect fit. I typically wear an 8/29 or 6/28 in pants right now. I ordered an 8 in both of my washes. It seems like the dark destroy runs a bit small so they fit great. The black has stretched out some, so I think I could have gotten away with the 6, and will probably order my next pair in that size instead. The rise is perfect! I like a higher rise Jean, not necessarily a high waisted Jean, but I don’t like hip huggers. These cover my love handles for a flattering and comfortable fit. The length is perfect. You can select regular, long, or short, and obviously I went with short.
5. The leg opening is actually skinny. Because I wear an 8, a lot of times jeans will make the “skinny” leg opening larger since the size is getting larger. I hate this so much! I have small ankles, so I don’t need the bottoms to be widened. It’s so hard to find a skinny denim that is short enough and actually skinny enough for me to consider it a true skinny jean. American Eagle hit the nail on the head with their sizing and fit of these jeans for me!
The only negative thing I have to say about these jeans is that they still have the signature stitching on the back pockets. It’s hardly noticeable on the black pair and not obnoxiously noticeable on the dark destroy, but I prefer jeans and most of my clothing to not have any obvious brand markings on them.
So do yourself a favor and snag a pair or two of these while you still have Christmas money left and while the BOGO sale is still going on. I hope that you will love these jeans as much as I do, and that they will be your new faves!